Brought to you by: http://www.AngiesGourmetToGo.com
Homemade lasagna is one of the comfort foods I crave the most! Ever since my childhood lasagna has been one of my favorite things to eat! It’s warm, cheesy goodness is sure to satisfy you! Growing up I was always fascinated with cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. I love taking meals and adding my own flare to them. I also love finding healthier alternatives to cooking. Why not get to enjoy your favorite foods with a healthier twist.
Below you will see I added turkey pepperoni to my lasagna to give it a little extra pizzazz. I also used ground turkey as a healthy alternative. You can cook your favorite foods and not feel guilty that they are unhealthy. I love finding different healthier ways to make my favorite meals. I know life can be busy but it is such a joy to take a little time to slow down and enjoy the simple things. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
2 pounds of ground turkey
2 containers of your favorite tomato sauce or homemade sauce.
1 lb. of shredded mozzarella cheese
12 slices of provolone cheese
1 lb. of mixed shredded cheese blend (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero Cheese
1 package of turkey pepperoni
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
1 package of oven ready lasagna noodles or lasagna noodle ready to boil
1. Start by completely cooking your ground turkey until brown, season to taste. Cook 1 lb. at a time if your skillet is not big enough. Once done set aside.
2. Prepare and season your ready-made sauce or use homemade sauce.
3. Once you are done you can proceed with oven ready noodles or if you have noodles that require boiling, boil your noodles to the desired package instructions.
4. Then when you are ready to prep use a large oven dish preferable a rectangle in size.
5. Spread some sauce in the bottom of the pan then lay your oven ready noodles right on top.
6. Add some sauce to the top of the noodles you want to make sure to completely cover the noodles to ensure they come out nice and tender once cooked.
7. Proceed with your ground turkey that you prepare earlier. Sprinkle across your lasagna noodles.
8. Then add your pepperoni slices across your ground turkey. Then sprinkle with your cheese blend, and tear your provolone slices in half and arrange on top of the ground turkey.
9. Once done add pieces of the ricotta to the top of your lasagna. Then tear pieces of fresh basil to sprinkle across your lasagna. If more sauce is desired you can add more sauce.
Repeat steps 5-9 until you have reached your desired layers of lasagna. You can make from 4 to 6 layers of lasagna.
Once you are ready for the top layer spread with sauce and meat if desired then top with a generous amount of cheese.
Then when done cook your lasagna in the oven at 400 degrees covered with foil for 35 minutes. Then remove the foil and cook an additional 5-10 minutes.
Once done let cool and then enjoy!