I have a tremendous passion for Pasta! It’s one of my favorite foods to prepare!
I love lasagna and I’m always thinking of new fun ways to prepare food that the whole family will enjoy!
This is a new spin on a traditional meal that the whole family will love and can help prepare!!
What you will need:
1 Pack of your favorite lasagna pasta dry noodles
4 tomatoes for homemade tomato sauce directions below; or a jar of your favorite sauce
1 pound of fresh spinach
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
¼ teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of sugar
¼ cup of a chopped onion
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 bunch of fresh sweet basil
1 container of ricotta cheese
1 cup of shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
Optional ( 1 pack of ground Italian sausage, ground turkey, or ground beef could be cooked then added to the tomato sauce if you would like to prepare with meat)
*If you choose to make your own sauce*
Take 4 large tomatoes cut them and add them to a food processor to puree, and then add to a pot to simmer, along with 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and 2 teaspoons of your basil once chopped, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Once it comes to a simmer. Turn off and hold for rollatini prep.
– Alright now prepare the lasagna according to the desired box instructions
– Once the lasagna is done lay flat on parchment paper so it can dry; you use parchment paper so it does not stick to the paper
– Next lets sauté the spinach, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, and ¼ cup of chopped onion all together until
the spinach is completely wilted and the onions are translucent.
– Then lets use the tomato sauce you bought or grab the homemade tomato sauce from above and use a teaspoon to spread it on
our lasagna noodles once cooled
– Prepare one lasagna noodle at a time, once the sauce is applied sprinkle the ricotta cheese over the whole lasagna sheet
– Next add the spinach and onions that has been sautéed
– Once the lasagna noodle is completely coated with spinach sprinkle with the shredded mozzarella cheese and mince some fresh basil to
sprinkle over the lasagna
– When this process is complete roll the lasagna and this will create a beautiful spiral pattern of our delectable ingredients.
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
– Then redo 5 more times to created 6 rolls. Each time a roll is done place in a sprayed lasagna dish or deep cooking pan, leaving the rolls
– When all the rolls are done and placed in the pan pour the remaining tomato sauce into the pan until it covers the bottom.
– Cover the dish with foil and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until the sauce bubbles.
– Then take the dish from the oven and let cool before serving.
– When serving this dish plate the lasagna with some of the tomato sauce and garnish with fresh sweet basil leaves, this tantalizes the palate and adds a beautiful elegance to your plate!